45th Annual Playwrights’ Platform Festival of New Plays
2017 Festival Winners:
MERCY, written and directed by Lawrence Kessenich; roles played by Thomas Grenon and Eric Skoglund.
KATHLEEN MONTELEONE, for portraying the title character in MRS BROOMHAUSEN by Margie Semilof.
- Best Actor:
MATTHEW LUNDERGAN, for Rhett in VIRTUOUS REALITY by Hortense Gerardo.
JAY PENSION, for VIRTUOUS REALITY by Hortense Gerardo.
Plays and playwrights in our 2017 festival:
- Andrea Aptecker, YOU’RE KILLING ME ALREADY
- Hortense Gerardo, VIRTUOUS REALITY
- Margaret Gooch, A PROMISING START
- Lawrence “Nick” Hennessy, WHEN HARRY MET CIALIS
- Lawrence Kessenich, MERCY
- Jack Rushton, OUT HERE
- Margie Semilof, MRS. BROOMHAUSEN
- George Smart, MEDIUM, WELL DONE
- Ralph Tufo, WRONG PLACE, RIGHT TIME
The Festival ran for three performances: June 1, 2, and 3 at 8 pm at the Boston Playwrights’ Theatre, 949 Commonwealth Ave, Boston, MA 02115.
You can buy a book of plays in the 2017 festival at Amazon: The 45th Annual Playwrights’ Platform Festival: A Collection of New Plays.