Hortense Gerardo is a playwright, screenwriter and Associate Professor of Anthropology and Performing Arts at Lasell College. Recent works include:
- 2017: INFINITE CORRIDOR at the Performance Mix Festival in NYC
- 2016: DEATH IN VENICE BEACH at The Boston Play Cafe Readings
- 2015: THE ENGAGEMENT at the Playwrights Platform Festival
- SHADOW|PROOF HOUSE at the Spadina Museum as part of Scotiabank Nuit Blanche, Toronto, KITH and TELL at Wellesley College, CARYATID at Center Camp Café, Black Rock, Nevada; THE SONG OF ODD in Woods Hole, MA KITH AND TELL at the Boston Theater Marathon.
- 2013: FAMILY TREE at the Hovey 24-Hour Playfest, FOR THE LOVE OF EGON at the Boston Theatre Marathon.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS ON CONTEMPLATING THE POSSIBLITY OF LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT WHILE VIEWING ART at the Institute of Contemporary Art in Boston, THE DAY PROJECT, a video installation work exhibited at theBuzzards Bay Film Festival
- VIDEO WALKING VENICE at the 2011 Venice Biennale, SCRUB at the Monza Action Art Festival in Italy, MODEL BEHAVIOR and THE LAST GLANCE at La Mama E.T.C., NYC.
Her feature-length screenplay, DANCING IN EXILE won Third Place in the category of Feature Thriller, Horror, Sci-Fi at the 2012 Woods Hole Film Festival.
The feature film of her screenplay FOURHAND, won Audience Award for Best Cape Cod Film in the 2008 Woods Hole Film Festival, Audience and Panelist Awards for Best Feature Film in the 2009 Wellfleet Harbor Actors Theatre Filmmaker Takeover.
is a member of and former Regional Representative (2009-2015) of the Dramatists Guild of America, member of The International Center for Women Playwrights and Director of the non-profit organization, in vivo Productions.
For more info:
Hortense extends sincere thanks to her mentors and friends at the Playwrights’ Platform.