44th Annual Playwrights’ Platform Festival of New Plays
We are pleased to announce the plays and playwrights for our 2016 Festival of new plays! This year, we will be presenting the plays in two separate series, as follows:
SERIES 1 (Performances on Thursday, June 2 at 8 p.m. and Saturday, June 4 at 2 p.m.)
- FAST CASUAL by David Susman
- DOG PARK AFTERNOON by Nancy Temple
- THE SISTERS by Sherri Stepakoff
- PITCHFEST by Patti Cassidy
- NEMATODES by Ron Radice
- THEATRE PEOPLE by Jack Rushton
SERIES 2 (Performances on Friday, June 3 at 8 p.m. and Saturday, June 4 at 8 p.m.) Water The Debt No Dominion Saving Face It’s All Crap Death in Venice Beach
- WATER by Greg Hovanesian
- THE DEBT by Charlie Edwin Fisher
- NO DOMINION by Lawrence “Nick” Hennessey
- SAVING FACE by Margie Semilof
- IT’S ALL CRAP by George Smart
- DEATH IN VENICE BEACH by Hortense Gerardo
The Festival will run for four performances only – two for each series – June 2, 3, and 4 at the Boston Playwrights’ Theatre, 949 Commonwealth Ave, Boston, MA 02115.
For tickets, visit: https://web.ovationtix.com/trs/cal/168
Each year a reading committee selects a vibrant collection of member scripts to be produced in our annual June festival. These new short plays include comedies and dramas, directed and performed by talented local artists, including many from our Actors-in-Residence.
Audience members participate in the festivities by voting for their favorite plays, actors, and directors after each performance.
It is not unusual for performances to sell out, so get your tickets early!