As 2015 winds to a close, I asked members to share a few of their theatrical highlights from the year. Here is a sampling:
New productions of new plays, including at the:
- FemNoire 2015 festival
- Silver Springs Stage Co
- ATHE New Play Development Series
- Winthrop School of Performing Arts
- MBL Club
- Piney Forks at the New York Public Library
- Aberdeen, Scotland
- Boston Theatre Marathon XVII (two entries by members!)
Other artistic highlights:
- A documentary film version of one member’s short story, which had been published in the the “REMEMBER US!” compilation book was premiered before the United Nations in NYC
- A Packard Foundation Writing Residency at the Lemon Tree House, Tuscany, Italy
- A Massachusetts Cultural Council Artist Fellowship in Dramatic Writing
- A workshop on marketing tips for playwrights with Pat Gabridge.
- Another great workshop on craft with Kate Snodgrass – on great endings of great plays
- New members
- New actors in our resident actors company
- Packed houses for three nights at our 43rd annual festival of new plays
- The first-ever publication of a compilation of new works in the festival.
My what a year!
Happy New year to all!
Here’s to breaking more legs in 2016…